Creating the Discharge document
In some cases, when a student is discharged in ATS, the student is automatically discharged in SESIS and made inactive. In other cases, an ATS discharge does not automatically inactivate the student in SESIS and the Individualized Education Program (IEP) team member must create the Discharge document in SESIS to inactivate the student in SESIS.
Important: For public school students, the student must be discharged in ATS before the Discharge document can be created in SESIS. The discharge information received from ATS is required to properly update the Discharge document in SESIS. For non-public school students, the discharge process begins with the Discharge document in SESIS.
To create the Discharge document
- Determine if the student attends a public school.
- Select from below.
|Yes, the student attends a public school
- Verify that the student has been discharged in ATS.
Important: The student must be discharged in ATS before the Discharge document can be created in SESIS.
Note: Some discharge codes in ATS will automatically make the student inactive in SESIS. If the student appears as inactive in SESIS, no further action is required.
- Proceed to step 3.
|No, the student does not attend a public school
- Proceed to step 3.
- In SESIS, locate the student's profile.
- Log all outreach attempts in the student's event log.
- From the Actions bar, click Documents.
A list of all documents for the student appears.
- From the Create New Document drop-down menu, choose Discharge (under Case closing).
- Click the Go button, then click the Create button.
The Discharge page appears.
- Verify that the Discharge Reason and Discharge Date fields contain data (are not blank).
Important: For public and charter school students, these fields are automatically populated with data when a student is discharged in ATS. If these fields are blank, the student has not been discharged in ATS. The student must be discharged in ATS before creating the Discharge document in SESIS.
Important: For non-public school students, the CSE will complete the Discharge Reason and Discharge Date fields on the Discharge document.
- Check the appropriate box to indicate whether the parent or guardian requested an impartial hearing.
Important: A student may not be discharged if there is an impartial hearing that is pending.
- Click the Save, Done Editing button.
- Finalize the document.
The student will be made inactive in SESIS within 24 hours.
|Last revised: March 16, 2012