Resetting a SESIS password
The DIIT Help Desk handles password issues for New York City Department of Education (DOE) employees and the Office of Related and Contractual Services handles these issues for independent providers and contract agencies.
This includes passwords that have been forgotten or are no longer working.
To reset a SESIS password
- Your SESIS password is the same as your DOE network login password, if applicable.
Note: Not all users have a DOE network login.
|You are a DOE employee and have access to the
- Access the online password reset tool at
- In the Last Name field, type your last name.
- In the Employee ID field, type your employee ID.
Note: Your employee ID is listed as Reference Number on your pay stub.
Note: Your employee number is not the same as you file number or your EIS ID.
- In the Last 4 digits of SSN field, type the last 4 digits of your Social Security number.
- Press the Submit button.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to reset your password.
|You are a DOE employee and and do not have access
to the internet
- Contact the DIIT Help Desk at (718) 935-5100.
|You work at a charter school
- Contact your charter school
principal for assistance.
Note: Charter school principals should contact the
Charter Management Office for assistance in obtaining access to SESIS.
|You are an independent service provider or work for
a contract agency
- Go to
https://mail.nycboe.net and attempt to log in
using your SESIS username and password.
- If your password has expired, follow the
instructions to reset it.
- If the new password is still not accepted,
contact Office of Related and Contractual Services at (718) 391-8116
|Last revised: August 7, 2012